We're pleased to offer the following services in our Monterey Park Veterinary Clinic:
Our appointment book is computerized which allows us to efficiently make appointments for you and your pet. Our receptionists and team will attempt to accommodate all requests to the best of our ability. Emergencies are accepted anytime our clinic is open. If you feel you have an emergency with your pet, please call us or come to the hospital immediately. If possible it is best to call before coming in so that a staff member can advise you on your particular emergency.
Emergency & Urgent Care
We have a veterinarian and personnel on duty 7 days a week in most cases who are trained and equipped to handle any urgent care your pet requires. Usually an emergency team consists of at least one veterinarian and several technicians working together to save a pet's life. Emergencies can be things such a snail bait poisoning, hit by car, and chocolate ingestion. If you ever feel that your pet needs emergency treatment do not hesitate to call or come in immediately. If possible it is best to call before coming in so that a team member can advise you on your particular emergency.
If your emergency takes place after our hours of operation, please contact:
Emergency Pet Clinic of San Gabriel Valley
3254 Santa Anita Ave.
El Monte CA, 91744
We are also available for urgent care when the condition is not life-threatening, but you feel your pet needs to be seen before you are able to get an appointment. Our veterinarians will work to "squeeze" you in between scheduled appointments. When you arrive, our receptionists will be able to give you an estimate on how long you may have to wait in order to be seen.
Types of Pets Seen
Because multiple veterinarians practice at Veterinary Healthcare Center, we can care for many types of pets:
- Pocket Pets*
- Small Farm Animals*
*Select veterinarians only. Call us for more information.
Veterinary Healthcare Center accepts payment via cash, check, MasterCard, or Visa. So that we can continue to provide you high quality service utilizing the best medical technologies, we request that payment be made at the time services are rendered.
We provide estimates for all surgeries and hospitalizations when requested. If you have not received an estimate, you are welcome to request one at any time for your expected charges.
We also accept payment by Care Credit. Care Credit offers a low or no interest alternative to paying with a standard credit card. Visit www.carecredit.com to apply, or ask us for more details!
Veterinary Healthcare Center offers discounted services to senior citizens and local area rescue groups. Pre-approval is required to qualify for the rescue group discounts, please call us for more information.
- Laser Assisted Surgery We currently use a Luxar Surgical Laser to make incisions during surgery. This method helps to promote faster healing and reduce post surgical pain versus a standard scalpel.
- Radiography Using Idexx Digital Radiography, we are able to provide almost instant digital radiographs to help reduce diagnosis time and give us a clearer picture of what may be going on with your sick pet.
- Ultrasound Along with digital radiographs, our doctors are able to utilize ultrasound technology to help reach a more precise diagnosis.
- In Clinic Laboratory We utilize Idexx in house lab machines to run same-day blood work in order to save time diagnosing and rush treatment on sick patients.
- Boarding If you are going away for a short time, we will care for your pet while you're away. All pets staying with us for boarding must be current on all vaccines to reduce the risk of contracting an illness while staying with us in clinic.
- Dental Cleaning and Polishing Regular Dental cleaning and polishing is recommended approximately every 1-2 years depending on your pet. Dental health is important to more than just your pet's breath, as it can have major impacts on your pet's heart and overall health as well. We offer ultrasonic scaling followed by a thorough polishing to keep your pet's teeth smooth and white for as long as possible.
- Therapeutic Laser Therapy We now offer "Cold Laser" therapy using a Grady Medical Therapeutic Laser. Many of our older patients with arthritis, as well as younger animals with acute injuries have benefited from a regiment of therapeutic laser treatments. Such treatments offer a painless, non-invasive alternative for certain conditions. Please ask us for details!